Friday 14 December 2012

Chapter 1: Opening

                                                                                                                  February 2nd 1889

 To His Eminence Cardinal John Henry Newman,

My Most Reverend Prince, I trust this letter finds you in as good health as can be expected in one
of your advanced years. I am writing in strictest confidence as to the true and diabolical nature
of the events in Whitechapel last autumn. The information I am about to impart is highly sensitive. while it is certainly of interest to the secular authorities they would doubtless, scorn and dismiss the  enclosed explanation as a fanciful jest. I implore your Eminence to assimilate the accounts provided and draw your own conclusion. I understand at some point in the future, it may be necessary to make certain sympathetic persons, in high authority aware of the contents of this manuscript. A man of your discretion may do so with my blessing. One can only hope that the dreadful facts herein, will end speculation as to what happened to those unfortunate women. If not now then some time hence. There is after all, no time in eternity. Ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

                                                           Ignazio Garcione SJ

 
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment